POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Running POV from another app without the editor coming up in the Windows Ve= : Re: Running POV from another app without the editor coming up in the Windows Ve= Server Time
1 Jul 2024 01:14:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Running POV from another app without the editor coming up in the Windows Ve=
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 27 Feb 2003 11:48:31
Message: <3e5e415f@news.povray.org>
In article <web.3e5e38438feffecd4a47b6380@news.povray.org> , "Brian"
<brl### [at] smcmedu> wrote:

> I am writing an program that generates POV files, then I want a seperate
> thread to call POV-ray to render the files.  The problem is, when I call
> POV-ray from the program with the right command line parameters, it loads
> the splash screen and the text editor with the file I want rendered open
> waiting for the user.  Is there a way of calling POV-ray where is just pops
> up to render the file, or even just renders the file in the background, and
> saves output to a file?

This is the wrong group to ask this question.  I assume you are talking
about the Windows version, and for that it has been explained several times
in the past few month in povray.windows.  Just go through the list of posts
there.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde